Re: [jokosher-devel] Autopackage of Jokosher

Taj Morton wrote:
Is it a problem if GStreamer is missing any of these plugins:
gnomevfs
monoscope
1394
cdio
gconfelements
halelements
ladspa
speex
sunaudio
v4l2src
Will it Jokosher not run if any of those are missing... Will it work
better if they're present? Does Jokosher require DBUS and HAL as well?

We need gnomevfs for the freesound extension that comes with Jokosher to do streaming previews. Without it Jokosher will run fine, but the extension will throw some errors.

We also need ladspa to enable audio effects, but Jokosher will run fine without it, there will just be no effects in available in the combo box.

As for DBUS and HAL, if python-dbus is not present, Jokosher will not start at all. If the dbus daemon isn't running or Jokosher can't access HAL through DBUS, there will be errors when trying to record.

Any distro without GStreamer (read: Slackware), GStreamer's
python bindings, or any of its other dependencies should "just work."

Very cool.

Laszlo