Re: [jokosher-devel] The road to 1.0

Stuart Langridge wrote:
On 11/22/06, John Green <john thegreens co uk> wrote:
Talking
of podcasts the ability to publish your mixed project direct to your rss
feed would be a nice feature (or possibly an extension).

Jono's been talking about this since he first thought up mixdown
profiles ;) It ain't as easy as all that, but I've got some ideas, and
it should be approximately doable. It needs extensions to be able to
implement additions to a mixdown profile, but we need mixdown profiles
first.

I think this is the kind of feature that we should concentrate on for the next release. It is very useful and makes the program more usable, but it doesn't depend on and new unreleased Gstreamer feature. No matter the number of bugs in a new feature like mixdown profiles, pure python bugs will be a lot easier to fix than Gstreamer bugs.

We just need to get a solid idea for what this really is, in the form of a mockup or something, but I'll leave that for sunday.

Laszlo