Re: [jokosher-devel] Run script for 0.2

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 01:11:17PM +0000, Stuart Langridge wrote:

> Providing debs only works on one specific Ubuntu release anyway; are
> you proposing we provide dapper, edgy, and etch debs, and Fedora and
> SuSE rpms? We've suddenly become upstream GStreamer maintainers, which
> sounds like a really bad idea to me.

Hmmm good point. The problem with the binary is if the edgy gstreamer is
using a different version of some third party library from dapper then this
might give symbol mismatches and segfaults etc. I was just thinking of
saving the pain for people a bit. At Linux World lots of people liked the
look of Jokosher and asked if they could just download it and run it. When
told they would also need CVS Gstreamer and compile it then that interest
tended to cool a little ;).

--
John Green