Re: hildon-desktop patches from Ubuntu Mobile and Moblin

Hi Bill,

First of all, thanks for the patches and sorry for the delay.

I had some time to review and commit some of the patches.

Em Seg, 2008-02-11 às 13:48 -0500, ext Bill Filler escreveu:
>    * 05_hide_banner.patch:
>      adds gconf support to enable/disable showing built-in hildon banner
>      for app launching.

Why exactly do you want to be able to disable that?

>    * 06_type_changes_for_64bit.patch:
>      changes to support building on 64 bit platforms.

Commited with some fixes.

>    * 07_home_window_menu_visibility.patch:
>      adds gconf support to enable/disable showing of home window menu.
>
>    * 08_home_window_titlebar_visibility.patch:
>      adds gconf support to enable/disable showing of home applet
> titlebar.

Why would you want a titlebar without the menu, for example? This is a
good candidate for a new key in desktop.conf called "X-Titlebar=[0|1]"
for Home container. No need to gconf for that.

>    * 10_drag_event_fix.patch:
>      adds gconf support to allow propagation of drag events to home
> applet
>      without having to click and hold for a certain period.

This should be done on a per-home-applet basis, not in the parent class
HildonDesktopHomeItem. You can just override button press event handling
on your specific applet in order to make it behave as you want.

No global variables, please.

>    * 15_libstartup_notification_crash_fix.patch:
>      moblin.org fix (Rusty Lynch) for crash on libstartup notification

What's the point of this one?

>    * 20_ifdef_fix.patch:
>      bug fix for incorrect #ifdef in hd-switcher-menu.c that was causing
>      build breakage.

Commited.

I hope to have some time to review the other patches still this week.

Cheers!

--lucasr