Re: [HIG] Mini-Guidelines style

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 07:19:24AM -0700, Adam Elman wrote:
> >>  Topics under these subsections should be marked as <h3>.  No headers
> >>  below <h3> should be present.
> >
> >Why not?
>
> Just to keep the structure of the documents a little simpler.  I'd
> reconsider this if there is objection.

It just seems to me that if it can be divided up to a finer degree
then we should allow it to be done in a structured way. I actually
suspect it will be possible to divide up this sort of thing quite
finely. Maybe it's just my writing style but I've found myself going
down to h4.

> Again, I don't want to get too bogged down in semantics, and to do
> this _right_ we would need to specify it even clearer than this.  I'd
> rather get this written and published quickly in HTML than in a
> transformable way.
>
> The only structure I think it's important to preserve is structural,
> and that I see us doing through the use of headings.  That will allow
> us to build navigation and a style via CSS.  But I'm open to
> discussion on this. :)

Fair enough.

> >Do we want to be PNG purists here?
>
> I don't particularly, but I don't care a whole lot either way.  If
> there is an official GNOME policy on this I think we should stick to
> it.  I note that the images on the GNOME home page are PNG's, so
> that's probably a good way to go.

The official GNOME policy is no gifs (because of the patents).

colin