Re: Problem: The unlocked device does not have a recognizable file system on it

ok, I'll ask there then, thanks!

(On a sidenote, is it normal that I've both udisks and udisksctl commands? They seem to come from different packages (udisks and udisks2) and have different behaviour. I wonder if there might be a conflict between the two. Also, the udisks command seems to work if I unlock the device first with unlock, while udisksctl doens't.)

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 6:49 AM, Ross Lagerwall <rosslagerwall gmail com> wrote:
On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 12:44:42AM +0100, tom handler wrote:
> Hi, thanks for the prompt reply,
> so I tried your suggestion with udisksctl:
>
> $ udisksctl mount -b /dev/sdc1 (It's another external drive with sdc1 as
> luks)
>
> Object /org/freedesktop/UDisks2/block_devices/sdc1 is not a mountable
> filesystem.
> ---
> So I tried unlocking it with unlock:
>
> ~$ udisksctl unlock -b /dev/sdc1
> Passphrase:
> Unlocked /dev/sdc1 as /dev/dm-1
> ----
> Unlocking LUKS works, but mounting dm-1 still fails:
>
> $ udisksctl mount -b /dev/dm-1
> Object /org/freedesktop/UDisks2/block_devices/dm_2d1 is not a mountable
> filesystem.
>
> sudo mount /dev/dm-1 /mnt/test <-- works as expected
>
> So it seems udisksctl mount doesn’t work either.
>
> I did a pastebin with the output of gvfs-mount -li:
> http://pastebin.com/rajgtBCL
>
> So, where do I go from here?
>
> thanks for your help!

Well it would appear that gvfs is recognizing it as a mountable volume
(from the gvfs-mount output).

AFAIK gvfs proxies mounts of local disks through udisks, and given that
udisks is failing to mount the device, the problem lies there.  Maybe
try asking for help on the udisks mailing list?

Regards
--
Ross Lagerwall