Re: Query regarding UPNP action

Am 2016-06-02 15:34, schrieb Jussi Kukkonen:
On 2 June 2016 at 15:56, tarun.r <tarun r thinkpalm com> wrote:

Hello Sir/Madame,
As per
"http://upnp.org/specs/av/UPnP-av-RenderingControl-v1-Service.pdf";
[1]  "As described in Media Renderer device template, the
devices’s ConnectionManager::PrepareForConnection() action assigns
a InstanceID to the input stream".

I tried to mute a windows machine in our local network using
"Universal-ControlPoint "but it failed so we thought since
InstanceID was not correct.Is our understanding is correct?

No, that's most likely Windows Media Player's implementation of a
simple Access Control that is denying access there