Re: gssdp usage for the ssdp request

On Mo, 2013-12-30 at 14:53 +0530, Indtiny S wrote:
Hi ,

Thanks you for the help , I could find sample under gssdp test
folder .

But the sample always do msearch on for all kind of quires i.e in the
code that example set ST to ST: ssdp:all\r\n

I went through the code if test-browser.c file , but I could not see
any help to browse for the particular type .

There is also
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gupnp-tools/tree/src/discover/gssdp-discover.c

To see what kinds of queries are possible, See UDA1.1[1] pg. 32, ST
header description.

If you need specific examples, see the light-client example or the av-cp
from gupnp-tools.

You can search for
 - ssdp:all
 - upnp:rootdevice
 - specific device types with or without minimum version such as
urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1
 - specific service types with or without minimum version such as
urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:BasicManagement:2

But since this is merely a string comparison, you can basically search
for anything your peer provides.

[1] http://upnp.org/specs/arch/UPnP-arch-DeviceArchitecture-v1.1.pdf