Re: [gupnp] GUPnP 0.14.1 (stable) & GUPnP 0.15.0 (unstable)

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson gmail com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) <zeenix gmail com> wrote:
>> Hi Peter,

>>> Its not detecting gobject-introspection in configure and is hence not
>>> enabling it. The lack of the file at the end is just the end result of
>>> that. I'm not sure if the version requirements of go-i have changed
>>> (which they shouldn't in a minor release) or something else because
>>> the configure script doesn't say why its not but I checked and the
>>> go-i-devel package is installed.
>>
>>  Oh, you are going directly from 0.6.1 to 0.6.2. Which is
>> understandable since I had forgotten to announce 0.6.2 (so sorry for
>> that). :( Anywhere, here is the log of 0.6.2 that answers your
>> question:
>
> Oh. I wondered what happened to the interim release, I'd assumed that
> it has issues. I personally don't believe that the requirements should
> change during a minor release.

  I agree but this was unavoidable and I did give you a chance to
raise your voice about this:

Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 19:21:04 +0300
Subject: Re: gupnp-av broken with latest gobject-introspection
From: "Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)" <zeenix gmail com>
To: Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>
Cc: Ross Burton <ross burtonini com>, gupnp o-hand com

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) <zeenix gmail com> wr=
ote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 6:29 PM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> So it broke again with a new g-i. Here's a patch to fix it.
>
> =C2=A0Thanks so much for proving the patch.
>
>> Note that the requirement change in configure.ac might be too high for
>> some distros, but on the other hand, it's really required...
>
> =C2=A0Thats unfortuante cause bumping requirements in stable releases
> isn't nice at all but OTOH we are still requering the stable release
> of gir so it should be good. Let me ask the packagers if they have any
> objections to this before we apply this and release...

  As I said on IRC, I had misread your patch: The patch really makes
us require latest unstable release. :( I really wouldn't want to
depend on unstable gobject-introspection in stable releases but if its
still much better than being broken i guess.

  Dear distro packagers, What do you think?