Re: [gugmasters] GUG Switzerland

Dear Fred.

> To add to Dave's comments I'd like to share what we did when we started
> our group in Beijing. We've successfully used those free city magazines
> to advertise for such (monthly) gathering. It gets you people you
> wouldn't reach otherwise. They usually provide free ads for non-profits
> and events and list bars, restaurants and other activities.

Thanks for the hint. I am working for a big university where we got
magazines like that, too.

Besides that I have the idea to bring GNOME to the ppl besides letting
them join our meetings. To make that happen we want to give
presentations to LUGs, Students and other interested ppl.

Well that's a good idea. Lots of groups are always looking for speakers
and you would be addressing that need. We have started a list of generic
topic that GUG could present but it's far from complete. Maybe something
we could work on during summer.

Another idea is to set up a booth (e.g. on Software Freedom Day) in a
Bookstore, presenting GNOME.

Last year SFD in Zurich was organized by FrOSCamp. I don't have much
more information that this. But definitely promoting GNOME at SFD is a
good thing to do ;-)

I was one of the guys behind the FrOSCamp :)

Greets
Marcus