Re: [guadec-local] Registration

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 01:26:21PM +0200, Alexandre Franke wrote:
* We had a "set your own price" system and people paying more than
100€ would be considered pro and could claim a receipt, but it seems
that was not made obvious enough since some people decided to pay less
and still asked for a receipt. If I had to do it again, I would
probably go with a big red notice next to the price entry that would
print "Warning: you put less than 100€, you won't get a receipt under
any circumstance. If you intend to get a receipt for expense purpose,
change to amount to be at least 100€."

Devil's advocate (and I'm not implying anyone has ever done that/is
going to do it/...): you want to receive cash and you do not hand out a
receipt, surely you are putting that money in your own pocket rather
than giving it back to GNOME?

From an accouting point of view, I'd give a receipt to everyone stating
exactly what they paid for (tshirt/registration/...), makes it easier to
update the gnucash file afterwards ;)

Christophe