Re: [guadec-local] GUADEC: Accountant & sponsorship

Hmm, without a crystal ball there is no real answer to the volume of accounting, at least for the time being. I think in late May/early June we will actually have a rough idea what amount is needed. From looking at all required transactions now this should not be more than a few hours of work.

---
Florian Nadge, GUADEC 2013
GUADEC c/o Red Hat| Purkynova 71/99| 61200 Brno| tel: +420 603 764 858

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Debarshi Ray <rishi is lostca se> wrote:
>> 1) I understood that Liberix might have to hire an accountant to deal
>> with all the money that would be changing hands while organizing the
>> conference. Would you be able to give us a rough estimate of how much
>> that might be?
>
> We do have an accountant retained for our own needs, and he's agreed to take
> care of the GUADEC stuff as well. Provided the load will not be
> overwhelming, there will be no additional costs.
>
> At this point, we don't have a very clear idea of what the work on GUADEC
> will entail. Would it be possible for you to venture a guess as to the
> amount of accounting work required?

I am not much of an accountant myself, so I will let someone else answer it.
Florian, Jiri, Karen?

>> 2) Is there any possibility of CZ.NIC (http://www.nic.cz/) supporting
>> the conference as a sponsor?
>
> I think there's a good chance they might consider it. We're on good terms
> with them, so it's a good idea for us to approach them. I've already talked
> about it with Jiri, and I've asked my collegue, Vlastimil, who's going to be
> meeting with CZ.NIC's PR guy, to find out what the possibilities are. I'll
> keep you posted.

Good. Please find the sponsorship brochure attached.

Cheers,
Debarshi

--
If computers are going to revolutionize education, then steam engines and cars
and electricity would have done it too.  -- Arjun Shankar