Re: [guadec-local] GUADEC: Accountant & sponsorship

1) I understood that Liberix might have to hire an accountant to deal
with all the money that would be changing hands while organizing the
conference. Would you be able to give us a rough estimate of how much
that might be?

We do have an accountant retained for our own needs, and he's agreed to take
care of the GUADEC stuff as well. Provided the load will not be
overwhelming, there will be no additional costs.

At this point, we don't have a very clear idea of what the work on GUADEC
will entail. Would it be possible for you to venture a guess as to the
amount of accounting work required?

I am not much of an accountant myself, so I will let someone else answer it.
Florian, Jiri, Karen?

2) Is there any possibility of CZ.NIC (http://www.nic.cz/) supporting
the conference as a sponsor?

I think there's a good chance they might consider it. We're on good terms
with them, so it's a good idea for us to approach them. I've already talked
about it with Jiri, and I've asked my collegue, Vlastimil, who's going to be
meeting with CZ.NIC's PR guy, to find out what the possibilities are. I'll
keep you posted.

Good. Please find the sponsorship brochure attached.

Cheers,
Debarshi

--
If computers are going to revolutionize education, then steam engines and cars
and electricity would have done it too.  -- Arjun Shankar