Re: [guadec-local] GUADEC: Accountant & sponsorship

On 8. 4. 2013 Debarshi Ray <rishi is lostca se> wrote:

Hey Robert,

I had a couple of questions for you regarding GUADEC.

Hi,

1) I understood that Liberix might have to hire an accountant to deal
with all the money that would be changing hands while organizing the
conference. Would you be able to give us a rough estimate of how much
that might be?

We do have an accountant retained for our own needs, and he's agreed to take care of the GUADEC stuff as
well. Provided the load will not be overwhelming, there will be no additional costs.

At this point, we don't have a very clear idea of what the work on GUADEC will entail. Would it be possible
for you to venture a guess as to the amount of accounting work required?

2) Is there any possibility of CZ.NIC (http://www.nic.cz/) supporting
the conference as a sponsor?

I think there's a good chance they might consider it. We're on good terms with them, so it's a good idea for
us to approach them. I've already talked about it with Jiri, and I've asked my collegue, Vlastimil, who's
going to be meeting with CZ.NIC's PR guy, to find out what the possibilities are. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Robert