Re: [guadec-list] Training workshops at GUADEC

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 2:14 AM Benjamin Berg <benjamin sipsolutions net> wrote:
Hi,

I have been pondering the idea of having a couple of training workshops
on the day before GUADEC starts (i.e. on Thursday). There should be
workshops targeted at both newcomers (more likely students) and more
experienced developers/professionals. These workshops should be free
for students and foundation members. Other attendees would need to pay
which--depending on interest--might create revenue stream for GUADEC.

So for LAS GNOME, the GNOME conference I'm working on in September we are thinking of doing the same thing.  The difference is that our workshops will be geared towards showing how to convert your app to using xdg-app.

I would encourage you to also look into that kind of workshop so that we can encourage developers to write xdg-app'd applications.

The engagement team is working on doing some infographic on how GNOME development works because that seems like a big part of the confusion when starting working on GNOME.  So make sure that when you do workshops that we have good visuals.

sri