[guadec-list] Training workshops at GUADEC

Hi,

I have been pondering the idea of having a couple of training workshops
on the day before GUADEC starts (i.e. on Thursday). There should be
workshops targeted at both newcomers (more likely students) and more
experienced developers/professionals. These workshops should be free
for students and foundation members. Other attendees would need to pay
which--depending on interest--might create revenue stream for GUADEC.

Note that GUADEC would not offer direct compensation to tutors in this
model.

If we want to do these kind of workshops we need a number of people and
companies willing to step up and offer tutoring full (or maybe half)
day workshops. As this is a new thing for GUADEC, I expect that we
would need to ask people to step up to the task.

Do you think such an offer is a good idea?
Any ideas for workshops (and who could do these)?

Regards,
Benjamin