Re: [guadec-list] Training workshops at GUADEC

On 15 Apr 2016 7:49 p.m., "Lasse Schuirmann" <lasse schuirmann gmail com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm hereby proposing this workshop:
> https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2016/Workshops/ContributeToAnOpenSourceProject

I'd appreciate it if you made it clear in the title that this workshop is about contributing *code* to a project.

There is a very big misconception that coding is the only way to contribute to Free software. We should not encouraged it, especially as GNOME as a project really lacks contributions in other areas. Also, we've used similar titles for workshops about contributing to all areas.

On a more technical note, I think it would be much more valuable to the GNOME project if the contributions during the workshop were using the GNOME workflow, to a GNOME-hosted repository.