Re: [guadec-list] Cool Stuff at GUADEC

On 24 June 2013 19:36, Jiri Eischmann <eischmann redhat com> wrote:
Ekaterina Gerasimova píše v Po 24. 06. 2013 v 18:55 +0100:
> On 24 June 2013 15:42, Jiri Eischmann <eischmann redhat com> wrote:
>         Andreas Nilsson píše v Po 24. 06. 2013 v 16:23 +0200:
>         > On 06/24/2013 03:56 PM, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
>         > > Hi,
>         > > I'm currently preparing an order of GUADEC t-shirts.
>         Looking at the
>         > > design [1], I and the vendor agreed that the most fitting
>         colour is real
>         > > turquoise. So we chose a kind of t-shirt that has this
>         colour [2]. The
>         > > problem is that this kind only has unisex cuts. Is unisex
>         OK or should
>         > > we look for kinds that have women's cut even at the cost
>         of having to
>         > > pick another colour?
>         > I would say Atoll would be closer to what I envisioned.
>         >
>         http://www.reklamnytextil.sk/index.cfm?module=Catalog&page=Product&ProductID=80512
>         >
>         > There seems to be womens shirt available in this color.
>         >
>         http://www.reklamnytextil.sk/index.cfm?module=Catalog&page=Product&ProductID=83145
>

>         Yes, Atoll is another option. I personally felt it was
>         something between
>         Atoll and Real Turquoise and decided for turquoise, but it
>         could also be
>         Atoll and if it's closer to what you envisioned, then the
>         problem is
>         solved.
>
>         > I would also like to hear Kat's thoughts on the color
>         choice.
>         > If I recall correctly, the color choice of last years FOSDEM
>         ladies
>         > shirt was quite popular (to the extent that several men
>         complained about
>         > not getting "the nice color" :)
>

>         BTW we're planning to order around 40 red t-shirts for
>         organizers and
>         volunteers, but if you have a better colour idea, it's
>         welcome. I can
>         order any colour that is in the catalogue.
>

> With 13 volunteers over 8 days with 5-10 local team members, you
> should expect to need 100-150 as a minimum, assuming you guess all the
> sizes correctly and  no one gets sweaty. I recommend that you aim for
> 200 and expect to have some left over. The leftovers can be given out
> on the last day to other people who helped out with the organisation
> and so on in some way or other as it's a nice thing to do.

My estimation was based on my experience from Desktop Summit 2011 where
I volunteered and we only got one t-shirt (at least I did).
If we want to give everyone a t-shirt for each day, I have no problem to
produce 150 or more. It's just a matter of budget. The t-shirts are
pretty cheap - €2.43 each.

That's pretty neat, we usually pay closer to €7-8 each! Yeah, you should've gotten more at the DS, we could only give out 1-2 each on the first day, but people could come back after the reprint run to pick up more.