Re: [guadec-list] Cool Stuff at GUADEC

On 24 June 2013 15:42, Jiri Eischmann <eischmann redhat com> wrote:
Andreas Nilsson píše v Po 24. 06. 2013 v 16:23 +0200:
> On 06/24/2013 03:56 PM, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm currently preparing an order of GUADEC t-shirts. Looking at the
> > design [1], I and the vendor agreed that the most fitting colour is real
> > turquoise. So we chose a kind of t-shirt that has this colour [2]. The
> > problem is that this kind only has unisex cuts. Is unisex OK or should
> > we look for kinds that have women's cut even at the cost of having to
> > pick another colour?
> I would say Atoll would be closer to what I envisioned.
> http://www.reklamnytextil.sk/index.cfm?module=Catalog&page=Product&ProductID=80512
>
> There seems to be womens shirt available in this color.
> http://www.reklamnytextil.sk/index.cfm?module=Catalog&page=Product&ProductID=83145

Yes, Atoll is another option. I personally felt it was something between
Atoll and Real Turquoise and decided for turquoise, but it could also be
Atoll and if it's closer to what you envisioned, then the problem is
solved.

> I would also like to hear Kat's thoughts on the color choice.
> If I recall correctly, the color choice of last years FOSDEM ladies
> shirt was quite popular (to the extent that several men complained about
> not getting "the nice color" :)

BTW we're planning to order around 40 red t-shirts for organizers and
volunteers, but if you have a better colour idea, it's welcome. I can
order any colour that is in the catalogue.

With 13 volunteers over 8 days with 5-10 local team members, you should expect to need 100-150 as a minimum, assuming you guess all the sizes correctly and  no one gets sweaty. I recommend that you aim for 200 and expect to have some left over. The leftovers can be given out on the last day to other people who helped out with the organisation and so on in some way or other as it's a nice thing to do.

For reference, at the Desktop Summit we had 400 volunteer t-shirts (granted we had more volunteers) and had to have a second run printed on the second day because we ran out.

> Also, I assume you want a proper pdf of this print with exact measures.
> I'll send that in a separate mail.

Yes please, send it to me. The vendor will definitely need that.