Re: [guadec-list] Call for volunteers?

On 11 June 2013 19:42, Debarshi Ray <rishi is lostca se> wrote:
>> * the volunteer coordinator needs one phone (usually with a pre-paid SIM)
>> that can be passed to whomever is in charge of volunteers so that all
>> volunteers can get in touch with them at any point
>> * the volunteer coordinator phone needs to be pre-programmed with mobile
>> contact numbers for all volunteers (this was a point of failure in some of
>> the previous conferences) - volunteers usually use their own phones/SIMs
>> because this is only in case of problems and walkie-talkies not working
>>

> rishi, any updates on getting a "volunteer coordinator" phone?

Getting a pre-paid SIM is easy, and arranging a phone to go along with it
shouldn't be hard. So, I was not treating this as something that has to be
done *now*. Do you want us to have the phone and SIM in our hands right
now?

It would be good to tell the volunteers what the number is around a week before the conference starts at the latest, so it's not urgent yet.