Re: [guadec-list] Call for volunteers?

* the volunteer coordinator needs one phone (usually with a pre-paid SIM)
that can be passed to whomever is in charge of volunteers so that all
volunteers can get in touch with them at any point
* the volunteer coordinator phone needs to be pre-programmed with mobile
contact numbers for all volunteers (this was a point of failure in some of
the previous conferences) - volunteers usually use their own phones/SIMs
because this is only in case of problems and walkie-talkies not working

rishi, any updates on getting a "volunteer coordinator" phone?

Getting a pre-paid SIM is easy, and arranging a phone to go along with it
shouldn't be hard. So, I was not treating this as something that has to be
done *now*. Do you want us to have the phone and SIM in our hands right
now?

Cheers,
Debarshi

--
Life is like bein' on a mule team.  Unless you're the lead mule, all
the scenery looks about the same.