Re: [guadec-list] Call for volunteers?

On 27 May 2013 21:01, Ekaterina Gerasimova <kittykat3756 gmail com> wrote:
Rishi and I spoke earlier and here is a summary of what we concluded:
* the volunteers page is now up at https://live.gnome.org/GUADEC/2013/Volunteers (as per previous years)
** we need a mailing list to add them to, this has been guadec-list last year, but guadec-local is also fine

guadec-list is being used for volunteer coordination.
TODO: add a page to guadec.org with basic volunteer information and point it in the general direction of the wiki page.

* the volunteer coordinator needs to be *local*

As far as I am aware, we are still lacking a 100% confirmed volunteer coordinator.

* volunteer coordinators from the last two years need to be asked to help out
*** from 2011: Patricia Santana Cruz <patriciasantanacruz gmail com>

Patri has been contacted, she replied privately to me to say that she was unable to do anything pre-conference because of exams.

*** from 2012: still tracing, got as far as Santiago Saavedra who has more information

German Póo-Caamaño is helping out with this, but it does not look too promising.

* the volunteer coordinator needs one phone (usually with a pre-paid SIM) that can be passed to whomever is in charge of volunteers so that all volunteers can get in touch with them at any point
* the volunteer coordinator phone needs to be pre-programmed with mobile contact numbers for all volunteers (this was a point of failure in some of the previous conferences) - volunteers usually use their own phones/SIMs because this is only in case of problems and walkie-talkies not working

rishi, any updates on getting a "volunteer coordinator" phone?

* list of volunteer tasks needs to be decided on

At the moment, consensus is that we need 13 volunteers at all times and the university will make 5 people available (not all at the same time).

* do volunteers get free refreshments and registration? (as per previous years)

TODO, requires action from someone on the local team.

* each volunteer needs one t-shirt per day, extras must be available

What is the status of t-shirt designs and printing? Along with this item, how many "local" helpers will there be? This should at the very least be all the organisers. I would roughly estimate that we need around 150-200 volunteer t-shirts based on the numbers.