Re: [guadec-list] Gnomies 2013 - the list

On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 12:57:23PM +0200, Florian Nadge wrote:

great choice, but we really wanted to limit this to *Creative
Commons*movies. Also, this is considered a public screening and we
would have to
jump through far too many hoops and provide lots of papers. Any way, I have
cc'ed Marcel. Maybe he can help with a quick explanation of what we can and
what we can't do.

Public domain is fine too. However, I'm a bit surprised that the linked
movies fit into this category, as the copy monopoly lasts for 70 years
after the death of all authors. Could you please elaborate on it a bit
more, David? Thanks!

Florian Nadge, GUADEC 2013

Regards,

Marcel Kolaja                                                     SEG EMEA
GSS EMEA Low Volume, Services, and Shells Coach
GSS EMEA Coach Leader
"Linux hackers are funny people: They count the time in patchlevels."
       -- Martin Josefsson