---
Florian Nadge, GUADEC 2013
GUADEC c/o Red Hat| Purkynova 71/99| 61200 Brno| tel: +420 603 764 858

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 12:02 PM, David King <amigadave amigadave com> wrote:
Hi!

On 2013-07-09 11:01, Florian Nadge <fnadge gmail com> wrote:
Simply take your pick  from the approved list of common-license films and:

- mark your top-three with a +
- write GNOMIES in the subject
- and send it to: fnadge gnome org

The list was handpicked by our film guru Marcel and only contains CC movies
that we can show without paying licensing fees:

Is there a reason to restrict the list to CC-licensed films? There are many excellent films in the public domain at archive.org:

http://archive.org/search.php?query=collection%3Afeature_films&sort=-%2Fadditional%2Fitem%2Fdownloads

On that basis, my three choices would be:

1. Night of the Living Dead   http://archive.org/details/night_of_the_living_dead
2. D.O.A.
  http://archive.org/details/doa_1949
3. House on Haunted Hill
  http://archive.org/details/House_On_Haunted_Hill.avi

As these are works by foreign nationals, the “rule of the shorter term” applies, so they are also in the public domain in the Czech Republic. Section 107, paragraph 4 of the Copyright Act says: “Copyright in the works of foreign nationals shall not subsist for longer than
copyright in the country of origin of the work.”:

http://portal.unesco.org/culture/en/files/30389/11424310803cz_copyright_en_2000.pdf/cz_copyright_en_2000.pdf

--
http://amigadave.com/