Re: [guadec-list] code of conduct/anti-harassment at GUADEC

On Thu, 2013-01-03 at 12:00 -0500, Karen Sandler wrote:
> > Please do not believe that GNOME somehow is more special than other
> > hacker communities. This assumption will only hinder you in
> recognizing
> > the problem.
>
> Absolutely. My point is really that discrimination occurs at a lot of
> free
> software conferences

Can you define discrimination here, and discuss some past experiences in
other conferences or at GUADEC?

Did we have to take action for "discriminatory behaviour" at GUADEC?
What are currently our course of action when problems occur, are the
Board or the organisers, or both responsible for enforcement?

I'd really like to understand what is defined as the problem before we
discuss about guards against it, or enforcement. I also prefer
encouraging the positive approaches (like WOP has done) than enforcement
at a later date.