Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC baby friendliness level

We're currently exploring possibilities to have a room for mothers at
the venue. The faculty doesn't have such facilities because >95% of
their students are male (typical computer science school). But we can
definitely use one of the rooms there and equip it for such a purpose.

Having a daycare service would be a bit complicated. You need educated
and certified professionals. It's against Czech laws to run such a
service without a license. So we wouldn't be able to run it by ourselves
even if we had educated volunteers. The only way is a professional
daycare agency which wouldn't be such a problem to arrange. The problem
would be where to have it. You can't just put 10 kids in a meeting room
for the whole day. Czech laws are also very strict about where a daycare
can be done.
The agency could pick them and bring to their facilities (e.g. by bus),
but I think it'd quite stressful for the kids.
If we go for a daycare service I think the only doable option are
kindergartens around the venue. There is one with Waldorf/Steiner
education down the street (200m from the venue). Kindergartens are
usually less occupied during summer, but the question is if they accept
kids just for a couple of days.
Anyway, it'd be great to at least somehow estimate demand for such
services among GUADEC attendees. 1-2 interested people would not be
worth the hassle.

Jiri