Re: [guadec-list] guadec-list Digest, Vol 78, Issue 10

O Lun, 21-05-2012 ás 12:00 +0000, guadec-list-request gnome org
escribiu:
> Message: 4
> Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 13:59:30 +0200
> From: Dave Neary <dneary gnome org>
> To: guadec-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: [guadec-list] Lightning talks at GUADEC

> I don't know who's looking after them this year - but here's some
> historical perspective.
>
> The first years we did lightning talks, we had people sign up directly
> on the wiki - the only organisation involved was sending out emails &
> blogging to let ppl know it was there.

Which section of the wiki can we use for that?

> Aside from that, once you hit the limit of the lightning talks, you need
> to decide whether to do some kind of selection process (if you get a lot
> of them) or stop taking new proposals.

I guess they would be 5 minutes as usual, but I need to know first how
much total time we have to know how many we can present. I was planning
to make something like "(totaltime/5)-1" to have some margin and be
strict with with times. So, how much time do we have in the program?

> And then once you have your line-up, the only other thing is the
> compere/host - it should be someone lively & outgoing, who can add a
> little bit of fun to the occasion.

I can present it and try to do my best at that.

> Oh - one other thing: someone needs to make an effort to get people to
> send their slides, if they have any, to one person beforehand -  laptop
> swapping should not be going on in the middle of lightning talks.

Yes. I was already taking that into account. I would request people to
upload the presentations in PDF or send them to me by email.

Br.

--
Xabier Rodríguez Calvar
Software Engineer