Re: [guadec-list] Proposal of lightning talks for silver sponsors

O Lun, 16-07-2012 ás 12:42 -0400, Karen Sandler escribiu:
> fwiw, we do have 5 silver sponsors :)

Yeah, there would be enough room for 5.

> I like the idea of giving sponsors a chance to talk, but I agree that it
> doesn't necessarily make for the most successful sessions. It's always fun
> to say that we reserved some time slots for proposals at the conference. I
> don't know how easy it would be to do this, but we could have voting live
> at the conference before then so that people could pick what they want to
> hear. This would all have to happen the first day though, since lightning
> talks are on the second day. If we wanted to, we could announce in the
> days before and allow people to submit lightning talks at registration,
> then announce it in the opening proceedings, with a cut off at the end of
> the day for voting. Maybe timing would be too tight to even think about
> it?

Take into account that that does not give me a big margin as I need to
also gather the slides and so on, but we could try that.

That reminds me to call for the slides at the accepted ones :)

Br.