Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC 2012 Sponsor Perks

Hi Christophe,

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 14:32:28 +0100, Christophe Fergeau wrote:

We used a similar pricing scheme in The Hague. Professional/standard/student rates, the latter for free but no T-shirt included as with the other rates. Foundation members got 25% reduction. Don't forget a free entry pass for the speakers, so that they don't have to walk around with 'student' on their
badges.

Dunno if you intentionnally replied only to me.

No, I didn't, that was a mistake. Hope you don't mind I reply on-list.

Having categories
associated to the different rates, and different badges depending on
how much you paid makes things totally different from fosdem... I'm
employed, so I'd feel bad not paying the standard rate. Moreover, if I
don't pay the standard rate, I get a "this guy is cheap" badge since
I'm not a student.... A nice "Friend fo GUADEC" badge (aka ego badge)
for non-professionals paying 100+ euros (once again, I'm making up the
rates) might be a good idea.

I agree. Yes, it's different from FOSDEM but the similarity is in the fact that when you pay something, you get a T-shirt. :-) All I'm saying is that we have plenty of past experience with pricing schemes so let's not reinvent the wheel each time but improve on what we have.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen