Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC 2012 Sponsor Perks

José:

1. Free passes
  I know some sponsors would expect at least some free passes in return for sponsorship. If
  attendance is free, like the last DS, this is moot.

In the local team, we suggest the attendance to be free.

It might be good to consider a sliding scale.  Students and community
volunteers, for example, could be allowed free attendance.  Professional
attendees can be more reasonably expected to pay a reasonable fee.  Some
volunteers might even be willing to pay an affordable fee if there are
perks like attendance to a dinner or party.  Most people understand
that things like parties cost money, and understand that a reasonable
fee is needed to break even.

I do think that free attendance is important for people that the GNOME
community needs to reach out to, such as the local community.  But, such
fees can really help to cover costs for making a successful event
happen.

Brian