[guadec-list] GUADEC 2012 Sponsor Perks

Hi,

During the last GUADEC committee IRC meeting, there was quite a bit of discussion about potential perks to offer sponsors. Here's a summary, and my take on them.

1. Free passes
  I know some sponsors would expect at least some free passes in return for sponsorship. If attendance is free, like the last DS, this is moot.

2. A special dinner or party with key GNOME contributors
  A "selling point" for sponsors is informal networking with decision-makers and influencers in the community. From that perspective, I would prefer a party to a sit-down dinner.

3. Sponsorship level bump
  I think it would be challenging to say exactly how many previous GUADECs a sponsor would need to have sponsored to earn this.

4. Discounts on sponsorship amounts
  I like the idea of a 6% discount for previous sponsors which would go to 10% if the sponsor increased their level compared to last time, and opening this to all previous sponsors.

Best regards,
Bob