Re: [guadec-list] Terms and conditions for registration

On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 16:19 +0200, Koen Martens wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 10:05:48AM -0400, Germán Póo-Caamaño wrote:
> [...]
> Regardless, some remarks to your questions:
>
> > What is the purpose of the ticket?
>
> To speed up the welcoming process on day 1 of the conference.

This is a good idea, as I said before.  It should be clear the purpose
for everyone.

> > > [...]
> > > Visitors consent to being filmed, photographed and recorded as members
> > > of the audience. The resulting film footage, images and recordings may
> > > be used to promote the event and its activities in print, in the media
> > > and on websites. The organisation will endeavour to inform visitors
> > > prior to the commencement of a presentation if filming is to take
> > > place.
> >
> > This item seems contradictory with the following one:
> >
> > > The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment is
> > > prohibited.
>
> Not necesarilly. If one authorises everyone to use photographic and recording
> equipment, there is no unauthorised use.. Anyway, pedantic and irrelevant now
> that we run without t&c.

In that case, we could avoid this item.  Because, it is expected that
everyone takes pictures and this would never were applied.

> > > The unauthorised use of laser pens and mobile phones in all of the
> > > venue auditoriums is prohibited.
> >
> > What is the purpose of this item?
> >
> > Several attendants works in the mobile industry, so prohibit the use of
> > mobile phones is like prohibit the use of laptops in auditoriums.  I do
> > think we will receive complains for this item.
>
> Ok, the purpose is to prevent a lecture hall full of ringing mobiles and
> people speaking into their phones thereby disrupting the presentation.

May be it needs a better wording.  For instance, something that includes
"that may interrupt a presentation".

However, I think this is common sense so it could be avoided in order to
make the text shorter.  Any suggestion/action on this matter may be
taken in the place and nobody will complain.

Regards,

--
Germán Póo-Caamaño
Concepción - Chile