Re: [guadec-list] lodging recommendations?

Dave Neary wrote:
Hi Gorkem,

How would you feel about drawing up a list of recommended accommodation
options?

Ideally, we'd need 4/5 recommendations, covering a variety of price
ranges from cheap (youth hostel or campsite) to relatively expensive,
aiming for 2/3 stars. Once we have a list of options, it'd be good to
get them up on the site quickly on the accommodation page, since people
(including myself) would like to reserve now, but don't want to spend
the week on their own in a hotel in the middle of nowhere :)

If we can get a group rate from the hotel, great, if not, the value of
having accommodation recommendations is having most people staying in a
relatively small number of hotels.

Dear Dave,

Apart from the ones coming from Baris, I'm planning to compile a list of hotels around the conference center by this weekend.

For those in a real hurry situation: you can always email me/Baris/.. for lodging recommendations.

PS: I've just finished up with a technical workshop organization in Antalya, in a splendid hotel next to sea and historical places. If you think that there are interested GNOME'ers before/after GUADEC 2008 to extend their vacation, I can reserve beds in a 5-star hotel (all inclusive, i.e unlimited drinks, eating, sauna, hotel facilities etc) priced as low as ~ 50 Euros per day. Flight time between Antalya and Istanbul is 50 mins btw.

PS2: Apart from that, is it possible to organize a wiki page on GUADEC 2008 web for "things to see/eat/do" type of a page? Similarly, a web-TODO list would be great so local GUADEC 2008 supporters can choose what to do from.

PS3: I'll be in Lyon -> Marseille -> Cannes between 17-24 May, just in case someone would like to meet with a local Linux person and get eating/lodging/travelling recommendations during GUADEC 2008 for just the price of a beer!

Best
Gorkem