Re: [guadec-list] lodging recommendations?

Baris Cicek wrote:
Hi John;
Well this hotel is at Aksaray, which is near Laleli (as I mentioned in
previous mail).
Public transportation would not be problem, but specially at night there
will be lot of "striptease clubs" and so definitely not recommended if
you'll stay with a woman. Laleli is more secure than Aksaray location-wise.

Hi

Some quick hints for those looking for a hotel.

Sultanahmet:
A place surrounded with historical buildings. Recommended.
Prices: Moderate
Distance: 7-9 Euros with taxi

Taksim:
Night life, entertainment, clubbers, pub crawling and more. Recommended for wannabe-drunks
Prices: Moderate to high
Distance: 20 minutes of walking, or 3-4 Euros with taxi

Besiktas:
Not so interesting things around, but in the very middle of the city
Prices: Moderate to high
Distance: 0-20 mins of walking

Ortakoy:
Very good gourmet restaurants around. Near sea, so highly attractive
Prices: Moderate
Distance: 3-4 Euros with taxi, or 20 mins of walking

Let me know (in private or on the list) as you choose a hotel and want a recommendation - if I know the location.

Best
Gorkem