Re: [guadec-list] Keynotes to invite

Hi Dave,

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 10:51 +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> By getting some new ideas/asking some other people for help, and
> removing those who have keynoted recently, I've arrived at this list of
> potential keynotes. Can anyone think of others who might be interesting?
>
> I suggest for a GNOME community related keynote or two that we wait
> until a little closer to the time - the response rate is close to 100%
> for people who are going to the conference anyway, and it's entirely
> likely that some exciting GNOME related stuff will happen between now
> and next March.

As you know from previous years, with external keynoters it's best to
start asking as soon as the dates are confirmed. I messed this up last
year, and without Dave's networking skillz would have been quite stuck.

Couple of additions / comments;

> Cheers,
> Dave.
>
> GUADEC Keynote ideas
>
> Design & user experience:
> • Scott McCloud
> • Philippe Starck
> • Jonathan Ives
> • Don Norman
> • Alan Cooper
> • James Dyson
> • Lisa Strausfeld http://pentagram.com/en/partners/lisa-strausfeld.php
> • Linda Stone
> • Leisa Reichelt http://www.disambiguity.com/
> • Diego Rodriguez (IDEO & http://metacool.typepad.com/metacool/)
> • gapminder: http://www.gapminder.org/
>

> Business:
> • Jonathan Schwarz
> • Ron Hovsepian
> • JP Rangaswami
> • Tim O'Reilly
> • RedHat guy

Micheal Tiemann? (Also on OSI board)

> • Jim Zemlin
> • Richard Taylor (Weta Digital)

Nicholas Negroponte?

> Marketing/blogosphere:
> • Seth Godin
> • Don Marti
> • Steven O'Grady
> • Hugh MacLeod
> • Tara Hunt
> • Chris Messina

Cory Doctorow - is a high profile switcher from OS X to GNOME, plus CC
and EFF connections.

> Technical:
> • Joel Spolsky
> • Eric Sink
> • Mirco Mueller

Mirco would be a community keynote

> • Scott Berkun
> • Don Knuth
> • Tim Berners-Lee
> • Tristan Nitot
> • Mitchell Baker
> • Ken Schwaber
> • Chris DiBona

Sorry to nitpick categories but I think Mitchell Baker and Chris DiBona
should be in Marketing or Business.

Just the first few thoughts off the top of my head,

Paul