[guadec-list] Keynotes to invite

Hi all,

I'd like to get a prospect list of keynotes we should work on inviting
to GUADEC. First things first, check out the discussions last year and
the year before:

2007: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/guadec-list/2006-December/msg00003.html
(and in guadec-planning):
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/private/guadec-planning/2007-January/msg00010.html
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/private/guadec-planning/2007-January/msg00000.html

2006 (in GUADEC planning):
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/private/guadec-planning/2005-December/msg00009.html

The names that came out last year (brainstorm mode, no names eliminated
yet):

Some kind of conclusion list:
> * Design
> Don Norman, Alan Cooper, Scott Berkun.
>
> * Blogoshpere
> Doc Searls, Don Marti, Steven O'Grady
>
> * Technical
> Joel Spolsky, Eric Sink, Mirco Mueller
>
> * Business
> Ari Jaaski, Jonathan Schwarz
>
> * Misc
> Seth Godin, Jono Bacon, JP Rangaswami, Linda Stone, Hugh McCleod
>
> * Customer
> A big / notable user of Gnome. Bastien seemed confident that he could scare up some options here.

>From Christian Schaller:
> * Lawrence Lessig (software patents, very relevant with novell & MS
> deal)
> * Pamela Jones (Groklaw fame, fallback for Lessig?)
> * John Carmack  (linux desktop as a gaming platform)
> * Mark Shuttleworth (Ubuntu or linux desktop 3rd world)
> * Miguel de Icaza (Mono?)
> * Guido van Rossum (Python for the desktop)
> * James Gosling (Java and the free desktop, java GPL, GTK L/F)
> * Larry Page or Sergey Brin - Linux desktops at Google/Google and free
> desktop integration)
> * Richard Taylor - GNOME at Weta Digital (no idea if that is a fact)

I can add a few more names, but this is a good start. We should filter
out those who keynoted last year, add some more people currently in the
news, and start sending people hunting to get in contact. From past
experience, we'll need to invite about 20 people to get 6 or 7
acceptances - the acceptance rate is much higher for people within the
GNOME community, though.

Cheers,
Dave.

--