Re: [guadec-list] Guadec Planning Meeting Notes - 3rd March 2007

> > A good quality plastic bag (like those you get if you to expensive
> > shopping) full colored with tango palette can be a killer & very cheap
> > alternative this time.
> >
> >>            o Lanyards - about £1 each)
> >
> > We got them for about 1€ each, I think.  :?  Not from Killermundi,
> > that was a company in Barcelona.
>
> Yes, I thought £1 sounded a bit much (1€ should be about 70p). We'll
> definitely need to look into any alternative providers if we don't get
> this covered in a sponsorship deal.
I hope that lanyards would be similar to last year's lanyards. Having
sponsor name on a lanyard somehow does not seem right from GUADEC's
branding. You wear it for a week or at least three days most of your
time at GUADEC, and having a company name or logo (if you're not an
employee of it) on a lanyard might really give bad impression of
conference is something related about that company to strangers. (Those
waiting for bus behind you, to say.)

It's maybe the only common look-a-like for all participants during
GUADEC. As in last year, foot logo on them was looking really fine. If
possible having a sponsor logo on just badges to cover expenses of
lanyards (with a GNOME logo as in last year but probably with a
different style) would be really much more better. Having said that
people might keep them after the conference as I did. If it had
something different from GNOME related visual on it, I would not mind to
keep it.