Re: [guadec-list] Guadec Planning Meeting Notes - 3rd March 2007

Quim Gil wrote:
On 3/8/07, Thomas Wood <thos gnome org> wrote:
[...]
Materials
---------

Preliminary costs

I have requested to Killermundi a rough quote of the items you have
listed in order to get prices to compare. I have also requested an
estimation of transport costs.

The prices they gave us for the GNOME shop are around

- T-shirts: around 5€
- Mugs: 1-1,50€
- Polos: 1 color 10€
- Stickers, I had to send him sizes/colors to get the quote. Default
value 0,19€

We got these prices considering that Killermundi had to produce in
advance and manage their stock for the shop (risk for them). I mean,
prices could be better if we assure a fixed amount for the whole
GUADEC (no risk for them).

Thanks for getting these quotes. It was discussed that we needed to do this, but it didn't make it into the meeting notes. Do you have a contact we can liaise with directly?

           o Do we even need a bag? It was decided that if possible we
           may not want to include a bag as part of the attendee items.

My only reason for pushing an expensive bag last year was to add
something distinctively local in the package, and brief checks with
some sponsors and the local team made me think it was a right thing to
do. I don't know if I would do this again. I know I wouldn't have done
it in, say, Birmingham.

A GNOME pint glass could be a cheaper equivalent for Birmingham.  :)

It would definitely be novel! I'm just a bit worried about weight restrictions and packaging for people flying...

A good quality plastic bag (like those you get if you to expensive
shopping) full colored with tango palette can be a killer & very cheap
alternative this time.

           o Lanyards - about £1 each)

We got them for about 1€ each, I think.  :?  Not from Killermundi,
that was a company in Barcelona.

Yes, I thought £1 sounded a bit much (1€ should be about 70p). We'll definitely need to look into any alternative providers if we don't get this covered in a sponsorship deal.

Regards,

Thomas