Re : [guadec-list] Other t-shirts (volunteers, professionals)

Hi,

Quim Gil wrote:
> > As Ludovic suggested, we need t-shirts for the volunteers. However, I
> > think they are more a recognition gift to be given at the end of the
> > conference rather than a tool to be identified and used during the
> > GUADEC days.
>
> I agree.

Well ... I somewhat disagree here if we are going to make those special T-shirt,
they'd better be useful _during_ the GUADEC. Otherwise I don't see the point
a part from recognition but not everyone he's doing it for that. A tool for identification
is needed, whatever it be.

> > Basically because we are trying to build not a small group of volunteers
> > working full days and missing most parts of GUADEC but work with a
> > bigger group of people that will assume some tasks some days, not the
> > whole day. Also because washing t-shirts and having 2 per person is
> > extra work/coordination.

I disagree here too. A small core of volonteer, preferably local is absolully needed !
Asking help for moving around two chair will never be a problem, but with
a large group with loosely defined responsibility you are going to face ... lack of
responsability. And for any problem people will tend to turn to you two, if you're
willing to assume it won't be a problem for me :-)

> > I wasn't joking when I suggested something like a hawaiian lei -
>
> Great idea.

I can think of people that wouldn't be happy with this.
Not sure if it's the most apropriate item. There are people
who don't like "girly bag" you know ... :-D