Re: [guadec-list] List of approved sessions

l�6 05 2006 kl. 16:33 +0200, skrev David Neary:

http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC2006/Contents

>From this list I can se that my panel debate at GUADEC on the main
conclusions from the EU report (soon to be officially published) on why
there is only 1� % women actively involved in free software is
"unsure".

It states "late entry". This is not right please correct this ASAP.

One of the main conclusions in the EU report is that women are actively
being chased away by the communities. (My short simplification.)

I was my intent to try to make a suggestion policy for GNOME to change
this unfortunate and unfriendly situation by getting a policy.

I am going to prepare my presentation any way.

I can only talk for myself: I am tired of attending FLOSS conferences
where there are very few persons I can identify myself with.

Why do you think that so few women are attending GUADEC and are other
wise attracted to getting involved with GNOME?

Actually I am personally more interested in overall decision making
processes and the collaboration model than I am in fighting for gender
issues. These subjects are however closely linked together so I find it
necessary to do so with my long experience.

With women being invisible/absent in the decision making processes and
in the creative processes of the digitalized information society I feel
very scared.

I don't want a closed FLOSS mono culture and I think many will agree
with me.

Best wishes

Anne