Re: [guadec-list] List of approved sessions

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 09:30 +0200, David Neary wrote:

> To start, I reccommend moving everything forward by an hour (10am start,
> 7pm finish) - when we've settled on 13h or 14h for lunch we can swap
> some sessions around.

Let's have the break from 13h to 15h.

Civilized visitors can have lunch at 13h01 and then chat, check email
and so. Local troglodites can chat first, check email, have some
aperitiu in a terrace... and then have lunch at 14h. This will be better
for the university cafeteria, anyway.

> I didn't but I did try to weight sessions so that two very interesting
> talks wouldn't be clashing - in principle, I've aimed at having a
> catwalk stream, a tangle stream and a Topaz stream, but as you can see,
> sometimes we have two or three catwalks at the same time, or two or
> three tangles.

In any case we need to have a planned ranking of popularity for each row
of sessions. Are now they sorted in a way that the one in the left is
the most popular (bigger room) and the left on the more hardcore
(smaller room)?

> > Also, we need names for the rooms. If we keep the "same room - same
> > track" principle the easiest is to have the Catwalk room, Topaz room and
> > Tangle room. If not...
>
> We can always name the rooms that way, and ignore the fact that it isn't
> quite going to happen like that :)

Right. This is what we'll do by default, unless someone comes with a
better idea before the end of this week.