Re: [guadec-list] List of approved sessions

On Sun, 2006-05-07 at 16:25 +0200, David Neary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's a first draft of a schedule - it'll need to be properly HTMLised

Can you or someone add this information (no matter how bad it looks) to
http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC2006/GUADECCore ? Once we have it we will
ask guadec.org registered users & Planet readers to have a look at this
page + WUW + AHW and give us some feedback (specially the session
submitters unhappy with the placement of their talk).

The objective is to have the schedule going to the print tested and
ready by Friday.

> Comments are welcome.

Have you thought of the volume of attendance of each session? We have a
big room, one medium-medium and one medium-smaller. Do you think it will
work to leave http://guadec.org/node/36 for Catwalk,
http://guadec.org/node/35 for Topaz and http://guadec.org/node/37 for
Tangle? This is the easiest solution to plan, although we may get Tangle
or Topaz sessions getting more attendance than some Showcase...

Also, we need names for the rooms. If we keep the "same room - same
track" principle the easiest is to have the Catwalk room, Topaz room and
Tangle room. If not...

> Plus, I also payed attention to the content, rather than just the
> catwalk/tangle/topaz labels - for example, it makes more sense to me to
> have "Instant messaging in GNOME" and "feeds, syncing and mobility" one
> after the other, rather than at the same time, just because one is
> tangle and the other is topaz.

Another factor ton consider when allocating sessions to specific rooms.
In this example, would it make sense to make everybody move from room A
to room B?

> I've also attached a photo of the post-it schedule I did - the technique
> was very useful, and it made the whole process go pretty quickly :)

An illustrated entry blog about this would be cool, if you have the time
(and will).  :)