Re: [guadec-list] Online registration - alpha

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 02:25 +0200, Quim Gil wrote:
> This is starting to become functional:
>
> http://www.tristania.org/guadec/start.php
>
> You can select one of the three registration profiles and calculate your
> fee registration, either for individuals and groups, considering
> accommodation, meals, discounts...
>
> What needs to be done:
>
> - Content revision + some texts still missing (Devin + qgil + you)

For instance,

1.
I must at first choose between these User Profiles:
Individual
Team Coordinator
Team Member

But I don't know what is meant by teams here. Maybe you mean "Booking
Type" instead of "User Profile", and "Group Booking" instead of "Team".
Just guessing.

For instance, the "Remember that this accommodation booking is for
single participants only. If you come with other participants, friends
or relatives go to the Group registration" text should probably be here
instead of later.

2.
"You attend GUADEC as:"
should be
"You will attend GUADEC as:

"If you are unsure choose Student."
is better as
"If you are not sure then choose student."

3.
"Professionals will be listed in a Professional Participants table to be
included in the printed program and the website, where they will be able
to put their company name, contact details and one sentence description.
Companies bringing 3 or more participants will have a logo in this list.
The list will be sorted by companies, being at the top those bringing
more professionals."

is cleaner as

"Professionals participants will be listed in the printed program and
the website, along with their company name, company contact details and
a one sentence description. Companies bringing three or more
participants will have a logo in this list. The list will be sorted by
the number of professional participants for each company."

4.

The "We recommend you to book accommodation in the GNOME Village at
Vilanova Park ..." text should probably be _before_ the list of chalet
types. And I would add "The following types of accommodation is
available in the GNOME Village, so that it's clear that this is how to
book for the GNOME village, instead of an alternative.

"par person" should be "per person".

I recommend adding " for all 8 days" to each line, to avoid confusion.
Many people will be used to that price per day for hotel rooms.

5.
"Mobilhomes: 129€ par person (least recommended)"
should be
"Mobile Homes: 129€ par person (least recommended)"
but I don't know what "least recommended" means here.

6.
"Request Accomodation Sponsorship" should have some extra text, and
should probably use "Subsidy" instead of "Sponsorship". It should give
some clue about who qualifies for a subsidy.

7.
"unpretencious" should be "unpretentious", though "unsophisticated"
might be better.

"Dinner" is best described as "Evening meals".

8.
The donation section should probably have a little more text. For
instance, "Would you like to make an additional donation to GNOME
Foundation to help other GNOME contributors to attend GUADEC and to
support other GNOME events and activities?"

9.

In the Payment method section,
"Bank transfter to the GNOME Foundation bank acclount":
that should be "account".

10.
"Debit/Credit card payment via Paypal" should explicitly mention
"(No PayPal account required)". People will ask/complain repeatedly if
you don't say this clearly.

Otherwise this is nice and simple. Thanks.

[snip]
--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com