Re: [guadec-list] Accommodation plans

ok I agree: we need to find a system in which the GUADEC organisation
doesn't deal with accommodation reservations.

But Dave, Vilanova Park is not a campsite. People don't go and pitch a
tent there. It's a camping with fixed wood (and also plastic) bungalows,
3 swimming pools (one covered, if you need it in june) supermarket, good
restaurant, several Internet caffees...

The camping is much better than the youth hostel and it costs same/less
(depending on the reservation).

I was suggesting to play with the camping only, offering hotel to those
preferring an alternative to the bungalow. Dividing the people between
the camping and the youth hostel won't make much sense.

Also, the camping is not necessarely a cheap accomodation only option.
For instance, the Nokia people I met yesterday will visit Vilanova
tomorrow. They were really interested about the camping, having seen the
webiste and the pictures. Two of them were thinking of coming along with
the family and book a bungalow each, seeing this option more interesting
than a hotel, not just for the price, also for the fun.

Canonical was also interested about the camping idea, thinking it could
be a very interesting way to have their employees sharing a cool
environment during the GUADEC days.

Have a second look at the website and you will know what I mean.

http://beta.guadec.org/node/165
http://beta.guadec.org/node/166
http://vilanovapark.es/06_bungalows.php
http://vilanovapark.es/01_instalaciones.php?lang=EN