Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC weekly meeting reminder

qgil: hi there
mode (+o qgil ) per OuComBalla
qgil: behdad, half, roozbeh, tavon, toniher, vuntz we are starting our
weekly meeting now
qgil: who will participate, say hi
qgil: anyone?  :)
qgil: well, then maybe should leave it for now
qgil: 21h25, meeting suspended - next time  :)

En/na Glynn Foster ha escrit:

> Sorry guys, but the website really, really sucks at this point.

Agreed.

> at this stage we need to be highlighting the major points

Annotated. tavon and I need to meet soon to discuss & implement your
points. He has done a lot of work on navigation, IA and requirements,
uploaded just few hours ago at http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC2006/Website

> Like it or hate it, there's a lot of merits that 2005.guadec.org had
> over drupal

You mean over today's beta.guadec.org. The platform used has nothing to
do with the lack of merits. With our current resources a CVS could have
been more painful than a CMS in terms of results obtained. And we have
got 161 registered users which will be a good value I bet.

> there was a pretty consistent set of navigation, and a lot
> of pages that could be copied over from previous years.

Disagreed. Links to previous editions in the homepage can be moved to a
secondary page. Only "About GUADEC" is reciclable from Stuttgart to
Vilanova, and we have done it at http://beta.guadec.org/about If there
are more pages we can just be copied over please point them.

Schedule, About Vilanova, Press Releases, Registration, How to get
there, Accommodation and Social Events have been defined from scratch.
Some of these pages already exist, could me more visible and have better
content, yes. Some of them are undefined because... we haven't decided
many things yet (accommodation, social events, etc).

About sponsors and featured speakers, we just start having something to
put in the homepage.

But hey, got your point and you are absolutely right with your core
critique.  :)  Thank you!

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org