Re: [guadec-list] Cameras and machines for streaming

Hi Dave,

On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 11:48 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
> I'm having a hard time swallowing the purchase of 4
> computers just for the event, at a cost of maybe €2500 or €3000.

I was hoping this would be more like 1400 euros (4*350).

>  Adding
> in equipment hire for the cameras, streaming will be costing us over
> €5000.

That would be 3000 euros, which was the max expected cost on Quim's
budget sheet.

>  And from a personal point of view, I'm also having a hard time
> swallowing that we're talking about these costs now, rather than a
> couple of months ago.

Well, I suppose if anyone would be responsible for this, it would be me.
While I had discussed this before with Quim and Lluis in person, leaving
the concrete arrangements to the last minute leaves a bit to be desired.
My bad.

> All that said, Quim is the man, the decision to spend/rent/borrow comes
> from him - I just didn't want a decision to be taken without thinking
> whether there is a cheap solution to the problem.

OK. As Quim has been most in contact with people that would be able to
get us machines, I will leave the door open to an unexpected harvest of
boxen; however if it were up to me I would rent.

Regards,
--
Andy Wingo
http://wingolog.org/