Re: [guadec-list] Cameras and machines for streaming

Hi,

Quim Gil wrote:
> El dl 19 de 06 del 2006 a les 18:48 +0200, en/na Andy Wingo va escriure:
>> So my proposal is to buy 4 normal boxes off the shelf, and
>> some DV cards.
>
> Budget, please. Now it's GUADEC who decides if we rent or buy, and if we
> buy we will see if the Foundation is interested or we re-sell them
> online.  ;)

"boxes" = computers? Ummm... can't we spend money a little more
sensibly? Are there not 4 Barcelonites who can lend their computers for
the week? How about asking the Generalitat for a loan? We have a
possibility of having 2 Ultras in Barcelona next week, if that helps.

>> ; I'd pick them up Saturday evening and return them Wednesday evening
>
> Do you mean no streaming out of the Core days? Yes it's cheaper and
> maybe that was the original idea. I always thought the streaming would
> be expanded to the whole GUADEC. Have you checked the non-Core schedule,
> maybe it's worth to stream the whole GUADEC now that we have everything
> in place.

It might be worthwhile streaming guadec-es and guadec-ca, but the other
stuff (BOFs and hackfests) isn't really going to make for great viewing.
It's also worth considering the time & effort of the volunteers doing
the streaming - I'm happy limiting streaming to the core days, but I
would also be happy streaming the Spanish sessions over the weekend. I
don't think it's worthwhile streaming after-hours.

>>   3) Any reactions to a 1500 euro camera bill?
>
> If this what it costs and it is clear that streaming is a priority...

That's rental, right? I also am OK with this. Although in previous
years, we have managed to have 3 cameras supplied on load for the week.
Thomasvs - where did the cameras come from last year?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
David Neary