Re: [guadec-list] Cameras and machines for streaming

((Chema, read till the end, there is money involved))

El dl 19 de 06 del 2006 a les 18:48 +0200, en/na Andy Wingo va escriure:
> So my proposal is to buy 4 normal boxes off the shelf, and
> some DV cards.

Budget, please. Now it's GUADEC who decides if we rent or buy, and if we
buy we will see if the Foundation is interested or we re-sell them
online.  ;)

> For cameras, I've got quotes of 102 euros plus tax per day for
> "semi-professional" camcorders with tripods

As promised, I've brought mine - without tripod. Maybe you can save one
camera and buy a tripod for me?  :P Anyway, the camera is here and you
can count with it.

> ; I'd pick them up Saturday evening and return them Wednesday evening

Do you mean no streaming out of the Core days? Yes it's cheaper and
maybe that was the original idea. I always thought the streaming would
be expanded to the whole GUADEC. Have you checked the non-Core schedule,
maybe it's worth to stream the whole GUADEC now that we have everything
in place.

Maybe an option in between is to limit streaming during the non-core to
the Carpa and the Sala d'Actes sessions (the two big venues).

> So in summary here are my three^Wfour questions:
>   1) Does anyone know what's going on with the event box?

Expected to arrive tomorrow at Vilanova. See
http://live.gnome.org/MarketingTeam/EventsOrganisation/GnomeEventBox/Schedule

>   2) Does the machine buying sound OK with folks?

Yes, but budget please.

>   3) Any reactions to a 1500 euro camera bill?

If this what it costs and it is clear that streaming is a priority...

>   4) Where's the cash? :)

Once the global budget is approved we can make a bank transfer to
Fluendo's account, and Fluendo would invoice us. If you have one in La
Caixa it would be immediat.

In any case, IT IS CHEMA who can detail the payment process, since he is
the man able to make the transfers - not me.