Re: [guadec-list] 30/jan #guadec meeting log

Hi,

Selon Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org>:
> En/na David Neary ha escrit:
> > ? What am I unhappy about?
>
> The context: Gman was saying that the brochure was not that relevant and
> we have some assured sponsors from the advisory board. I tried to
> explain that i.e. you thought that more funds could be get from the/some
> advisory board members and that, anyway, we need to find sponsors
> elsewhere. The brochure is useful for this reason, to market new
> sponsors but also the advisory members themselves.

Ah, right. I do think we could be doing a better job, and reaching outside our
usual sphere. I don't think it's a prerequisite for getting started.

> Qestions relating about my
> personal economy are quite clear now, and I still need to deliver a
> budget. Major questions relating to the economy of the whole event like
> bank account(s) to be used and accounting tasks are unanswered.
>
> Maybe we need someone from the board being officially responsible for
> accounting related questions until we get an accountant?

jrb is your man for money stuff - we will be as responsive as possible on these
issues.

> I was thinking about the round tables Future of the Desktop (inviting as
> well MS Windows Vista and Mac OS X people) and GNOME Big Deployments
> (including China, Macedonia and big non-usual suspects). I also would
> like to know whether it makes sense or is a stupidity to invite Linus
> Torvads, after all.

Personally, I don't see any interest or benefit.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary