Re: [guadec-list] Registration fees

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 12:27 +0100, Andy Wingo wrote:
> > Participants also need to understand that GUADEC is a main source of
> > income for GNOME during the rest of the year.

We can't market it like that, and that shouldn't be our aim.

> I was not aware of this. I thought that the fees advisory board members
> pay financed the rest of GNOME. Is this not the case? Murray/Dave?

There has often been some surplus left over from the GUADEC budget.
Usually enough to pay for the Boston summit. But it's probably only
about 10 or 20% of the yearly income, and likely to become an ever
smaller percentage. The rest is advisory board fees and one-off
corporate donations and friends-of-gnome donations.

Either a surplus or shortfall is always likely, and it's safer to budget
for a slight surplus, because there are always unexpected costs at
GUADEC.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com